Hayes Garden World
SEO / ECOMMERCE
Increasing Sales & Visibility Across Garden Furniture & Christmas Trees For One Of The UK's Leading Independent Garden Furniture Retailers.
When we started working with Hayes, they had a hugely successful garden centre, but a small online presence – an area that they were looking to grow. They also wanted to find a nice balance between selling their own products & other brands in a way that was financially viable & produced a good ROAS.
Today, through utilising SEO we have grown Hayes’ online offering twenty-fold leading to them being the largest online independent garden furniture retailer in the UK. In addition, we are now seen as a major player within the market frequently outranking the likes of Amazon, Argos, Homebase & B&Q on a much smaller budget for high volume terms like “garden furniture” and “garden furniture sale”
Our work with Hayes demonstrates that you don’t need massive budgets to compete with large players within the market, rather relevancy, direction & a strong data-driven strategy can help to maximise the areas of opportunity & really deliver what Google is looking for.
Hayes have been a client of Cedarwood for over five years.
The initial strategy was multi-faceted, but we focused on the following:
– Full technical audit & optimisation to set a strong base level. When we started working with Hayes they had 5 versions of the website due to an issue within the CMS, this was quickly fixed
– Content strategy & support – we worked with their in-house copy team to provide briefs & drive guidance on how to create content that was not just SEO friendly, but also great for the user, in addition to using our own content resource
– Link acquisition – a key pillar of our work with Hayes has been link acquisition & we are hugely proud of the fantastic link profile the website has today. We don’t just focus on links though, in 2020 we generated over £50k of income from products featured within top buy guides (non paid) thanks to our great relationships with journalists & also some great TV placements (non paid) with ITV
– Utilising in-house resource: in-house Hayes have a number of experts, we worked closely with them to upskill & produce great content which journalists & users loved
Working with Hayes in-house content team we devised a strategy to create high quality content which informs readers & drives an engaged audience, this has resulted in over 30,000 additional visitors to the website within the last year – it has also helped substantially to support the E-A-T function of the SEO strategy.
Our content strategy involved thorough keyword research & mapping to understand opportunity combined with processing of Google’s NLP to understand user & search behaviour – by combining these we were able to deliver content which was valuable to the user & Google.
In addition, through creating cluster content topics and pillar posts we were able to provide helpful advice and guidance which helped again to reinforce the website’s E-A-T signals.
Digital PR & Link Acquisition
Product coverage comprises a key pillar of our strategy with Hayes, building good quality links doesn’t have to be expensive, we’ve proven by being agile we can build links effectively using the following low cost methods:
– Fun/Newsjacking – Creating a “Brexit Tree” a Christmas Tree which could be rotated depending on the political views of your visiting family members – drove 100+ high quality links
– Brainteasers – Quick to create & loved by major publications
– Product Placements – A great way to drive product coverage & also to drive referral sales to the website.
In addition, we’ve combined newsjacking and thought leadership to drive high relevancy, E-A-T led links straight to the Hayes website, showcasing the brand’s expertise on all things garden furniture, gardens and Christmas Trees to highlight why users should feel comfortable purchasing our products!
Houseplants Will Suffer From Loneliness After Lockdown - Expert Claims
Many people were spending much longer at home during lockdown obviously, which meant more time with their family, pets and houseplants.
8 Best Artificial Christmas Trees: Faux Firs That Rival The Real Thing
From the super-realistic to the proudly flashy, we've found a spruce for every space.
This best-selling pre-lit Christmas tree is perfect for a family home
This full, artificial tree, manufactured by the National Tree Company, is woven with 500 warm white LED lights for a truly magical Christmas glow, and it's everything you'd want for a family Christmas tree. The final decorated look is nothing short of perfect.
Best Gardening Gloves: Waterproof, Heavy Duty Gloves For Working Outdoors
Protect your hands as you get to grips with your garden.
Hayes have worked with Cedarwood for almost 5 years & have seen our business go from strength to strength with their advice & under their guidance. We partner with them for our PPC, SEO & large elements of our digital marketing & outreach. They are very proactive, forward thinking & always up to date with the latest marketing do’s & don’ts & best practices. As a company we find them professional, friendly & extremely efficient.
More SEO Case Studies
Patient Claim Line
Increasing visibility in the tough "medical negligence" niche through effective SEO & Digital PR.
⚡️ 170+ Links Achieved
⚡️ 90% Increase In Top 3 Rankings
⚡️ #1 Rankings For "Medical Claims", "Medical Compensation" & "Hospital Negligence".
Driving solid high quality B2B leads for one of the UK's leading ecommerce fulfilment companies.
⚡️ 250% Increase In Traffic YOY
⚡️ 100%+ Increase In Top 10 Rankings YOY
⚡️#1 Rankings For "Etsy Fulfilment", "TikTok Shop Fulfilment" & "Sustainable Fulfilment".
Growing a national and international SEO campaign to help grow sales in over 31 markets worldwide.
⚡️ 82+ Links Achieved
⚡️ 47% Increase In Top 10 Rankings
⚡️ 423 Top 3 Ranking Keywords
Using SEO to improve online visibility across Domestic & Commercial to drive an increase in online sales
⚡️ 113% Increase In Non Brand Keywords
⚡️ 23% YOY Organic Traffic Increase
⚡️ 80% Increase In Top 3 Keywords YOY